This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
- To: bkoz at redhat dot com (Benjamin Kosnik)
- Subject: Re: std::vector<T>::const_reverse_iterator
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: jbuck at synopsys dot com (Joe Buck), dhoover at acm dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
> > But shouldn't there be a conversion from T::reverse_iterator to
> > T::const_reverse_iterator, which would make this work?
> I don't see one in the standard. Do you?
Sigh. Defect report time.
For reasonable code sequences to work, containers need to have conversions
between non-const iterators and the corresponding const_iterator. I
could have sworn that I read language like that before (so I had
vaguely assumed it was in the standard somewhere), but evidently it is