Re: Common V3 coding bug

> Jason Merrill <jason_merrill@redhat.com> writes:
> | i.e. if we see an unqualified id, we look it up normally and in the
> | pseudo-scope of its uninstantiated bases as well.  If both find it, use
> | the normal result and warn.

> Hmm, I'm not positive about warning in that case.

I am.  People expect to get the version from their base class--thus the
broken code in v3, which was written by experts.  I have no objection to a
flag to turn off such a warning, but I feel strongly that it should be on
by default.

> | ...  If only the second finds it, use that result and
> | pedwarn.

> How to you prpose to handle this at iinstantiation time where a
> specialization doesn't have a A<>::i?

That would be an error, just as it would be if they had written A<>::i
explicitly.

Jason