Re: [v3] Fix stringbuf handling of NUL characters

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 11:04:42AM -0500, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> Hmm. Can I see a testcase entry for this?

This is a distilled version of what I plan to check in:

1         std::string     string_with_nulls ("123 \0 456", 9);
2         std::stringbuf  sbuf (string_with_nulls);

sbuf.str().size() should be 9, but right now, it's only 4.  The user in
the original bug report was constructing (indirectly) a string like the
one on line 1.  But inside istringstream, when we created its stringbuf
with something like line 2, we were allowing a strlen() call to determine
how much data to copy.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance