Re: [v3] Fix stringbuf handling of NUL characters

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 11:04:42AM -0500, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> Hmm. Can I see a testcase entry for this?

I said that I wouldn't check anything until I had constructed one; for an
example of breakage take a look at the original bug report:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-07/msg00155.html

The final value should be the same as the input value, but it contains a
zero byte, and that's where the stringbuf stops.

This will be the basis for an actual testsuite entry, but I'm just now
getting to a computer to start working.  So it'll be tonight/tomorrow
before I post a working test.

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance