Re: ctype.h hell on Darwin

> As I understand it, the "Darwin is supposed to be just like FreeBSD"
> is mainly a PR coup for FreeBSD.  (That is to say, it's false.)
> According to my sources, Darwin is mostly taken from NetBSD, with
> some FreeBSD frosting.

> Nathan Myers
> ncm at cantrip dot org

According to the people actually in charge of Darwin (they being
just down the hall from me), things are more FreeBSD-like.  This
is very approximate of course, because the kernel has Mach bits,
and C++-based IO drivers, and other exotic stuff - it's basically
the mother of all forks.

BTW, now that I've added prototypes for isalnum and friends,
libstdc++-v3 seems to build OK, using the "freebsd*" config.

Stan