This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
- To: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: GLIBCPP_CHECK_LINKER_FEATURES libstdc++/acinclude.m4
- From: Gordon Sadler <gbsadler1 at lcisp dot com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 14:24:08 -0500
The above function appears to be 'turned off' on both head and 3.0
branch. Using cvs annotate, it appears Ben Kosnik made a change that
effectively turns this function off, there are some comments around
libstdc++/acinclude.m4:252 that appears to say this won't work and in
some cases causes a core on solaris.
In this AC_DEFUN there are two things that drew my attention:
1. The use of ac_cv_prog_gnu_ld which is not valid here. Instead
libtool.m4 defines/uses lt_cv_prog_gnu_ld.
2. The test (:242) of $ac_cv_prog_gnu_ld = "notbroken". I can't find any
usage of assigning 'notbroken' to any variable anywhere.
From some of the comments, it looks like this is all intentional, but..
The Changelog entries for 5 Dec 00, 11 Oct 00, and 17 Oct 00 do not
sound like this is the intent. Phil Edwards Changelog from 11 Oct says
comment out some code in a test, but Ben made a change the same day to
the same parts.
If this AC_DEFUN really should be active I suggest
s/ac_cv_prog_gnu_ld/lt_cv_prog_gnu_ld/ and whatever check was being
performed for 'notbroken' is redone as currently that does not exist.