Re: The libstdc++ testsuite

On Fri, 06 Jul 2001, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> > Which brings up my question of the day.  Are there any published
> > guidelines on writing test cases for libstdc++?  The existing test cases
> > are not entirely consistent.
>
> Yeah. I know. I've been meaning to write such a thing for a bit. The only
> real issue is naming the test file to match the part of the standard
> that's being tested, and to use debug_assert.h.

What does debug_assert.h do (other than make compiling and running
testcases by hand a little more inconvenient)?  Should it not contain
a macro to return a pass/fail exit status?

> > Should I or shouldn't I?
>
> You should. I've been doing it for all the files I touch. Most of the
> string, locale, and io are formatted (more or less) correctly WRT C++STYLE.

stl_algo.h has >3600 lines.  The diff will be bigger than the original file.
Not that I mind, I'm just warning.

Stephen M. Webb