This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Problem with --enable-clocale=gnu on 64-bit systems
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: Problem with --enable-clocale=gnu on 64-bit systems
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:37:26 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Building GCC 3.0 on Alpha and ia64 systems, I get the following error
> when I configure with --enable-clocale=gnu (this works on 32-bit
> systems like ppc and ia32):
Ack. I am not quite sure what is happening: are the "C" library bits
returning different types? Doesn't seem likely: are the "C" libraries the
same version across all the platforms?
The gnu locale model is in a state of flux, which is why it's not on by
default for glibc hosts right now. I've also noticed that the
codecvt bits for __enc_traits aren't endian-safe, for what it's worth.
Right now I'm just trying to get ia32/glibc2.2 up and running correctly
with the extended funtionality of --enable-clocale=gnu.
After this gets a bit more solid I'll work on getting it working across
different architectures and OSes.