This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: basic_string<> - useless because of its poor performance
- To: Ryszard Kabatek <Ryszard dot Kabatek at softax dot pl>
- Subject: Re: basic_string<> - useless because of its poor performance
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:09:19 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
Ryszard, you'll need to post sample code before Nathan or others will be
able to help you in any kind of constructive manner. Would you be willing
to do this?
> In my program there are a lot of calls of string::push_back and string::append.
> As far as I see basic_string reallocates the storage everey time
> the push_back/append member fuction is called!