Re: [v3,trunk] Re: example of killer doxygen formatting

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:57:36 Phil Edwards wrote:
> [gcc-patches trimmed]
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:57:56PM -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> >
> > I'm all for using dot.
> >
> > I got this via private email: check out the generated page via the link
>
> > below.
> >
> > ----
> > Actually doxygen produces additional diagrams if you install the
> GraphViz
> > package from AT&T.
>
> I installed graphviz 1.5.1 (the build and installation procedure sucks,
> by which I mean it's not automated unless you get AT&T's nmake, and the
> defaults are terrible (the default installation directory is "../../..",
> bleah)), and turned on "dot" in the doxygen config file.
>
> The results are pretty cool.  The little graphs are nicer looking, and
> there's more of them, and the nodes of the graphs are themselves links to
> the appropriate pages elsewhere in the tree.  Sweet.

Now watch the size of the doc increase by 50% ; )

The install is OK if you have an RPM system (except TclTK 8.3 which it
looks like you have to build anyway).

I use the include graphs at work and they're pretty cool for understanding
the consequences of making a change to a particular file.

The collaboration diagrams are also useful for helping new developers
understand how things fit together. A good resource for free software
projects to have.