This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: USER: linuxthreads causes segfault
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: USER: linuxthreads causes segfault
- From: larsbj at lyx dot org (Lars Gullik Bjønnes)
- Date: 18 Dec 2000 14:25:24 +0100
- Cc: Richard Andrews <richarda at ixla dot com dot au>, libstdc++ at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: LyX Developer http://www.lyx.org/
- References: <Pine.SOL.3.91.1001217204741.23327Aemail@example.com>
Benjamin Kosnik <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| > OK the last question got the silent treatment which pissed me off a bit.
| > I'll rephrase.
| I understood you the first time. I'm sorry you're stressed: everybody
| seems busy with end-of-year things. This includes me. There are a ton of
| bugs that have not been addressed, sorry. If you need timely support you
| may want to consider paying for it.
| > When I link libstdc++ and libpthread into an exe it crashes on exit ALWAYS.
| > Why does this happen? Is this a known problem? Is anyone working on it?
| Can you give back traces via gdb? Can you backdate your sources or try a
| previous version to see if the problem existed back then?
I do not have a backtrace right now, but the segfault happened in some
__atomic_ function from atomicity.h. I'll check a bit further.
This problem is reasonably new... my guess is about 3-4 weeks ago.