Re: pthread + libstdc++ = segfault

OK Folks, since this seems to be an issue on RH7 as well (as Lars pointed out) I'll assume that this is a bug.

I urgently need to fix this problem so if anyone knows what the conflict is, please please please PLEASE send me some info. Anything at all. I'm not afraid to hack libstdc++ if I have somewhere to start.

ld-linux.so is the library that seems to cause the problems.

int main(int argc , char * argv [] )
{
	return 0;
}

will link and run OK if done as follows

c++ test.cpp -o test /lib/ld-linux.so.2 -lpthread

But if ld-linux is left to be included by the linker (which puts it after libpthread) it crashes

However when you try this trick on anything that actually uses libpthreads you get an error from the dynamic loader (dl).

HELP please

Rich

--
Richard Andrews