This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: slow V3 configures (was Re: ICE during bootstrap.)
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: slow V3 configures (was Re: ICE during bootstrap.)
- From: Michael Matz <matzmich at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:32:32 +0100 (MET)
- cc: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>, Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>, Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at sources dot redhat dot com
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> phil perhaps you could be persuaded to revisit this problem, since it
> appears you've looked at it closely.
> testing a limited subset of functions is something I'm not interested in
> exploring: historically, this type of change has been a disaster.
> Following phil's advice and changing to
> test and cache
> seems like the best approach.
If it's really a problem, we can also cache groups of test in one
foreach math-test a