Re: undefined symbol __dso_handle

>> I am using Suse Linux 6.4 with GNU as version 2.9.5.0.24.

>Update your binutils to >.42, or downgrade to <.20.

No change. This is really really frustrating. I have wasted so much time with
this STL library and NOTHING WORKS. I cannot run the simplest program on
Solaris 8 for X86. It crashes in cout << "Hello";. So I try Linux.

Then I cannot compile any of the applications I have tried (ICU, MICO). They
all compile nicely with the old version of STL but then I cannot link with my
main application (which needs namespaces and ios_base).

I have wasted hours downloading and compiling various gcc and libstdc++
versions. This was my last attempt with the CVS version. Now I give up and go
back to Microsoft Visual C++. No problems there.