This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Novice build question
- To: libstdc++ List <libstdc++ at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Novice build question
- From: "Rick Schumeyer" <rschumeyer at directradiography dot com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 16:09:14 -0400
- Organization: Direct Radiography Corp.
I've been trying to build libstdc++ on a Linux box (RH 6.2) for days now
success. Let me back up and ask some basic questions.
First, what version of gcc should I be using? There is gcc-2.95.2,
and also egcs-20000703 ?
What version of libstdc++ should I use ? Again, there is
libstdc++-2.90.8 and I also found a 20000420-libstdc++-v3.
I have tried various combinations of these to no avail.
BTW, I have successfully compiled gcc-2.95.2 (without libstdc++-v3).
was pretty easy: configure/make bootstrap/make install.
I appreciate any help!
Rick Schumeyer, Ph.D.
Direct Radiography Corp.