Re: sgi's std, stlport...

Dietmar Kuehl wrote:
> Variaty is not bad because it provides experience with different
> approaches. I can definitely see advantages in my style to implement
> the standard C++ library, eg. relatively short compile times. I think
> it is reasonable to analyse the different implementations for their
> respective advantages to create an even better implementation.

IMHO variaty is good IF we have a (or more) conforming implementation,
and we can choose between them, but if we haven't even one it'd be
better to make a conforming one (even with cut-and-paste from different
source) and then try to rewrite part of it in order to be better,
faster, compile faster etc.

 -- Levente
 "The only thing worse than not knowing the truth is
  ruining the bliss of ignorance."