Re: [OT] Comments on Dinkum C++ lib for GCC? ...

Dietmar Kuehl wrote:

> Hi,
> --- Shiv Shankar Ramakrishnan <Shiv@pspl.co.in> schrieb:
> > Anyone here seen this? -
>
> Sure. It is there since a couple of month and it was announced in the
> news.
>
> > http://www.dinkumware.com/libgccl.html
> >
> > Anyone has any comments?
>
> The implementation itself is pretty lame and slow, at least in the
> parts I'm interested in (ie. IOStreams and locales). However, it also
> seems to be pretty conforming and is in this respect **MUCH** better
> than libstdc++-v3! ... but then, libstdc++-v3 is, with respect to
> conformance, the worst library I have tested in the last three month
> (I have tested STLport, Dinkumware, CXXRT, and libstdc++-v3).

who can be stlport better the v3 ? stlport is based on sgi's stl, isn't it ?
and v3 includes sgi's bugfix and more. if stlport contain bugfix of sgi's
code that it'd be useful to integrate into v3...

 -- Levente
 "The only thing worse than not knowing the truth is
  ruining the bliss of ignorance."