cctype on Solaris (was Re: Re[2]: Announcing libstdc++-2.90.7)

[subject tweaked to help the search engines]

> I have successfully built and installed on my Solaris box, but it, again,
> required a tweak. This one was with <srcdir>/config/solaris/ctype.cc:
> The gcc 2.95.1 compiler complains about '__trans_upper' and __trans_lower'
> being 'int *' while the left side of the related assignments are 'long int
> *'. Performing a C-style cast to 'long int *' in these four statements
> allows the compile to succeed.

I have a similar patch to accomplish the same thing, but, just to make
sure that I'm not smoking crack:  which version of Solaris are you running?
(I missed some previous posts and my web browser is Having A Bad Day.)

It /seems/ at this point that current CVS will compile under 2.6 but
nothing prior nor later.

(If you reply to the list, please don't cc another copy to me.  Thanks!)
Phil