Re: (patch) Workaround for gcc's float complex bug.

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 04:52:02PM -0800, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
>Mumit, all your changes should be in now, including the acinclude.m4
>bit I missed earlier. I guess the only things left are:
>
>1) WEOF
>
>2) getting the cygwin DLL to run mknumeric_limits: Chris, I've cc'd you
>in the hopes that you will work with Mumit to get Vadim's patch in--I
>talked to you about this briefly a couple of weeks ago when you were
>in Sunnyvale.

Are you sure that you talked to me?  I don't recall this.

I have vast reservations about complicating Cygwin's signal handling
structure with Vadim's changes.

>In the meantime, the FAQ entry will be a nice addition.
>

>And yes, I hate macros, don't want them in the source, want a clean
>fix, bow to the west everyday at sunset in hopes of getting a fixed
>compiler that works with complex, but in the meantime, these patches
>should go in. Complex has been broken for awhile now. (see the v-3
>homepage for status notes, anyway this will be useful for platforms
>like alpha, so this bit of autoconf hackery is pretty useful) When
>it's working well, these hacks can get taken out without either Mumit
>or I so much as raising a finger in protest.

I think I'm coming in in the middle here.  I don't know what macros
you're talking about or why you hate macros.

cgf