Re: Crash when outputting empty string

> I see there's something like this in the 'known bugs' document, but maybe
> this example will help you to track down the problem.

seems to be working  wit the CVS sources. Thanks for reporting anyway.

> Another issue are the warnings which gcc outputs, e.g. whenever you

There was a patch for this after 2.90.6 was released that cleaned up the
warnings, and added -Wall to the compile flags when building the library.
I believe the 2.90.6.1 tarball in the ftp directory contains this.

What you should look for is this:

1999-08-12  Michael Cook  <cook@sightpath.com>

	* bits/fstream.tcc: Fix signed/unsigned -Wall warning.
	* bits/istream.tcc: ditto.
	* bits/sbuf_iter.h: ditto.
	* bits/std_istream.h: ditto.
	* src/Makefile.am: Add -Wall to CXXFLAGS.
	* src/Makefile.in: ditto.

(thanks again michael!)
-Benjamin