Re: WCHAR_MIN; WCHAR_MAX

>>>>> "Benjamin" == Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@cygnus.com> writes:

Benjamin> I want something like AM_CONDITIONAL but for autoconf, so
Benjamin> that I can generate headers on the fly at configure time,
Benjamin> depending on things that autoconf has already tested for

This is what AM_CONDITIONAL does conceptually, but implementation-wise
it is a make-specific hack.  If you don't mind a hacky solution, you
can do something like this too.  For instance, you could just prepend
config.h to your header file.  That is ugly, but it gets a right
answer.

If you want your resulting header file to be clean, you'll have to do
it by hand.  There are various plausible ways to do this, none of
which are directly supported by autoconf.  They aren't supported
because, to my knowledge, no one has ever wanted to do something like
this before (or if they have they haven't asked about it).

Benjamin> Does the java project do this kind of massive
Benjamin> configuration-time hacking?

Nope.

Tom