v3 feedback and questions

Thought I'd let folks on this list know:

I've downloaded the v3 and was able to compile it on cygwin32 using egcs1.1.
There were some required changes, understandable in a developers release. But
I thought I'd see if you're set up to get feed back. A few questions:

1) Is anyone working on removing the libio.h dependencies? I was able to get
it to compile by ferreting those things out, since I didn't have a libio.h
handy.

2) Do the values used from libio.h have to sync with anything else in the
library? i.e. I made up values for certain flags.

3) Is this list the place to suggest changes/send patches? Or is there someone
I can email to?

4) What about really minor things (for the perfectionist in us all...)? There
were some other configure-related minor issues, like nan() taking no arguments
on cygwin32, etc.

Thanks,
  -Perry