Re: build and installation

Brendan Kehoe wrote:

> > For example, why are there now two different sources for STL?
> Eventually, libstdc++ v3 will replace the one in egcs.

keeping the libstdc++ a distinct entity from egcs is a good thing (IMHO)
in the fact that while egcs isn't a complete c++ compiler without the
standard library, the library itself should be portable in a way that
makes it usable with any standards conforming compiler. My worry would
be that the library build/install process gets wrapped up in the overall
egcs process. I am woefully lacking in understanding when it comes to
things like autoconf, so this may be a non-issue.

tim