Re: AWT with static gcj

>>>>> "Marco" == Marco Trudel <mtrudel@gmx.ch> writes:

Marco> When running a simple AWT application, I get:
Marco> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libgtkpeer:
Marco> libgtkpeer.a: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Marco>     at java.lang.Runtime._load(bin)
Marco>     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(bin)
Marco>     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(bin)

The Gtk AWT peers use JNI and are dynamically loaded, via
System.loadLibrary, when the peer code is activated.

In a --disable-shared build, there is no libgtkpeer.so that can be
loaded dynamically.  So, it dies.  I don't know why you get that
particular error message, it seems weird to me.

You could try using libltdl's preloading support to get around this.
I have never tried it with libgcj but I suppose it could work.