Re: I'm new and wanting to help!

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Andrew Haley wrote:
Joel Dice writes:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Would it be possible to use debug information to determine the stack
> layout, similar to how DWARF is used for unwinding?

Yes, I think so.  But gcc might determine, for example, that one
object was at an offset from another and never save a pointer to the
second object at all.  It would be very hard to stop gcc doing this.

Interesting. Would you mind providing an example of code that would trigger this behavior?

- Joel