RE: libgcj merging and VMStackWalker

Hi again,

> If gcj cannot reliably walk the stack at the moment,

I just want to add one comment here. The problem (at least as we found
it @aicas) is not to reliably walk the stack, the problem is that the
VMStackWalker interface is not well suited for 'walking' the stack. You
can pull the whole class context array in one blob (which IMO should be
avoided, a kind of iterator over the stackframes makes more sense,
otherwise you could just as well ask the current Thread to give you an
array of StackFrameElement), or you can get the last class on top of the
context, which is not what is commonly needed (i.e. for logging).

A clean(er) solution would be to offer a kind of enumeration/iterator -
like interface, which can be really walked, without the need to look at
the whole stack (which is far too expensive, when you are only
interested in the first couple of stackframes).

/Roman

--
âImprovement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads, without
Improvement, are roads of Genius.â - William Blake