Compiling SWT+SwingWT

Hi list,

I was hoping someone could help me - I'm trying to put together a shell
script to compile SWT/GTK2+SwingWT on Linux (I get mails every day about
this) and I'm having some trouble.

I seem to be able to compile SWT and SwingWT to two separate shared
libraries ok (swt.so and swingwt.so), however as soon as I link a
program against them, I get a whole raft of "undefined reference to
org::eclipse..." errors for classes in the SWT library.

The shell script is attached, it first compiles SWT from java source,
then SwingWT from it's JAR and then attempts a small, single class
executable, which it compiles to an object and then links them all
together (this is where everything goes tits up). I'm sure I must be
doing something very obviously stupid, but I've tried other approaches
(compiling files individually to .o and then linking) and ultimately end
up with the same problem. I'm using GCC 3.3.3 on Debian unstable.

I appreciate this is a bit much, but if anyone wants to try this out
first hand, you can do an anonymous checkout of the SwingWT source tree
at http://sf.net/projects/swingwt and run this script from the bin
directory.

Thanks in advance,

Rob