Re: GCJ adoption and improving our "PR"

Hi,

> All we need to make it happen is the right collection of parts all put together and assembled > and ready to go under some huge multi-license GPL, LGPL, SWT License that makes each project > work as a team instead of just alone.

I should have added. The alternative is much simpler, just grab the IBM JDK 1.4.1 free (in $) from the IBM developerworks website and I am good to go on PPC Linux.

The difference in ease of use is simply just too high. We can and should lower the hurdle so that both java users and developers can do something similar with one download of a
pre-packaged free-java SDK alternative.

Kevin