Re: eliminate gcjh?

Tom Tromey wrote:

The situation is worse than that for us, actually.  With 1.5 the
compiler will have to introduce forwarding methods that differ only in
return type.  Both these method definitions will end up in a single
.class file.  I'm pretty sure C++ can't handle that... which leaves
the question of how to generate .h files from such classes.

The right thing is for gcjh to ignore the synthetic "bridge" methods.

Also, when generating native code from class files we should eliminate
the bridge methods, at least when generating the traditional C++ ABI
(assuming this is what the C++ ABI specifies for "simple" covariant
returns).

Does JDK reflection return the synthetic bridge methods?  If so, I think
that should be reported as a bug to Sun, unless there is a good reason
for it.
--
	--Per Bothner