Binary Compatibility ABI work

I have a few patches I've been working on.  The primary purpose of
these is to allow us to compile JARs in a fully binary compatible way,
so that (as long as we have the libraries) we don't have to do any
gcj-specific processing.  This will effectively make projects like
RHUG unnecessary, because you'll just use the standard JARs from
upstream.

Although these patches work after a fashion they're not suitable for
mainline.  They're buggy, messy. and very much a work in progress.

However, some folk have got to hear about this work and they might
think I'm being unnecessarily secretive.  To counter this appearance,
I will check in the patch in its current state on a branch if people
wish.  However, I don't want to encourage people to base anything they
do on this branch, because its interfaces are constantly changing.

In particular, the ABI is too complicated at the moment.  Also, parts
of it are inefficient.

My natural reaction as a professional prgrammer is to say "Dear God,
don't let anyone see this."  But in the spirit of Free Software I'm
prepared to put it all on a branch if that's what people want.