Re: JavaOne talk proposal: feedback?

Ranjit Mathew <rmathew@hotmail.com> writes:
> what MIPS environment do you assume for this tool?

You statically link your own libc (we like newlib).  We provide the
basic kernel syscall() interface which isn't much more than "open a
socket" and "open a file", etc.  Each of these generally turns into a
one-line Java method in org.xwt.mips.Runtime (which is the superclass
of the compiler's output).  Standard input/output become an
InputStream/OutputStream pair.  You get a main(String[]) method that
maps to argv/argc.  Credit goes to Brian Alliet for all these nice
touches.

Basically you get more-or-less-POSIX and whatever you choose to build
on top of that.

  - a

--
"Education is not filling a bucket but lighting a fire." -- WB Yeats