JVMPI = Java Virtual Machine Profiler Interface ??

  Hello everybody !

 does JVMPI (like in name of this header-file jvmpi.h) stand for Java
Virtual Machine Profiler Interface ?

In my student research project, I hack ;-) now in GCJ-Sources, and try to
understand, but there're still many unclear details ...

also these :

JV_HASH_SYNCHRONIZATION can only be used with Boehm-GC ?

/usr/src/gcc/libjava/java/lang/natObject.cc : line 269

#else /* JV_HASH_SYNCHRONIZATION */

// FIXME: We shouldn't be calling GC_register_finalizer directly.
#ifndef HAVE_BOEHM_GC
# error Hash synchronization currently requires boehm-gc
// That's actually a bit of a lie: It should also work with the null GC,
// probably even better than the alternative.
// To really support alternate GCs here, we would need to widen the
// interface to finalization, since we sometimes have to register a
// second finalizer for an object that already has one.
// We might also want to move the GC interface to a .h file, since
// the number of procedure call levels involved in some of these
// operations is already ridiculous, and would become worse if we
// went through the proper intermediaries.
#else
# include "gc.h"
#endif

and how about Null GC (implemented in nogc.cc) ?, for what was it thought
? if each time we can use only one GC (?) , like I see in source codes ..

Thanks in advance for (short!) answers ;-)
(I hofe the authors of these codes are still active in this mailing list
;-b )

Chinh

Thân Vu~, Quang Chính

E-Mail  : chinh.than@stud.uni-hannover.de