compilation failure and compilation error messages

I've been hacking the postgresql jdbc build to make it GCJ
friendly. The JDBC3 support seems to throw up a few problems with
3_3-branch.

The first is that package private stuff doesn't seem to be properly
implemented but I'll report that separately with a test case when I
have one.

The main problem I want to ask about involves a class quite deep in a
tree of subclasses.

Jdbc3RefCursorResultSet.java:

   public class Jdbc3RefCursorResultSet extends Jdbc3ResultSet
      implements PGRefCursorResultSet
   {

	Jdbc3RefCursorResultSet(java.sql.Statement statement,
                                String refCursorName)
                        throws java.sql.SQLException
	{
                super(statement, null, null, null, -1, 0L, false);
                .
                .
                .

Jdbc3ResultSet.java:

   public class Jdbc3ResultSet extends org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3ResultSet
        implements java.sql.ResultSet
   {

           public Jdbc3ResultSet(BaseStatement statement,
                                Field[] fields, Vector tuples,
                                String status, int updateCount,
                                long insertOID, boolean binaryCursor)
           {
                   super(statement, fields, tuples, status,
                          updateCount, insertOID, binaryCursor);
           }

           .
           .
           .

When compiling this I get this:

org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jdbc3RefCursorResultSet.java: In class `org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3RefCursorResultSet':
org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jdbc3RefCursorResultSet.java: In constructor `(java.sql.Statement,java.lang.String)':
org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jdbc3RefCursorResultSet.java:21: error: Can't find constructor `org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3ResultSet(Ljava/sql/Statement;VVVIJZ)' in type `org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3ResultSet'.
                   super(statement, null, null, null, -1, 0L, false);

This is clearly wrong. However, what I really don't understand is
what the type specifiers in the error message mean:

    Ljava/sql/Statement;VVVIJZ

for a method call which should read:

    Statement, Object, Object, Object, int, long, bool

Now I and J look right for an int and a long but I was kinda expecting
Ls instead of Vs. Can anyone enlighten me to what the letters mean?

Nic