RE: size reduction

>> >Can someone please point me at ways to reduce the size?
>> What can I expect as the minimum size for a 'standalone' executable?
>>
>> See this post:
>>
>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-02/msg00360.html

Also

- try the -Os option. Although it has some problems, I found that
it works for me in GCJ 3.3
- It is possible to trim the libgcj library
- It is possible to remove the interpreter when you "configure" the
compiler.
- There has been posts in the past about modfiying GCJ to remove support
for the interpreter, the reflection stuff and have the linker throw out
anything that can't be reached from --main .

Øyvind