This is the mail archive of the java@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the Java project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: awt problem on darwin


Bryce McKinlay wrote:

> Right, but you should at least get something like:
> 
> [bryce@kawarau test]$ ./a.out
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

This one I saw recently.

> 
> or even better, a stack trace:

The only stacktrace I get is when I run the app under gdb.

> The stack trace may take some hacking to implement on Darwin, but 
> Throwable.printStackTrace should at least calling toString() on the 
> exception object that got thrown - its a bug if it isn't.

I'll have a look at. There are other things I want find out. E.g. the 
options stuff in gij. This seems to me a bit bogus. I was playing with 
heapsize and found out that it throwss exceptions or doesn't get the 
value in.

[titanium:gcc/gcc/java] andreast% gij -mx= 1
Exception in thread "main" Illegal instruction

[titanium:gcc/gcc/java] andreast% gij -mx =1
Directory stack not that deep.

[titanium:gcc/gcc/java] andreast% gij -mx=1
Usage: gij [OPTION] ... CLASS [ARGS] ...
           to invoke CLASS.main, or
        gij -jar [OPTION] ... JARFILE [ARGS] ...
           to execute a jar file
Try `gij --help' for more information.

Anyway, I'm just playing around.

Thanks,
Andreas





Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]