Re: Lack of fabsf on Solaris (patch included)

Martin> I think fabs has two advantages: it should take care of these
Martin> issues and it gets inlined in gcc on some OSes (x86 for
Martin> example).

The inlining isn't too much of an issue here.  What you'd really like
to see is Math.abs(float) being inlined in Java code.

Someday we'd like to tell gcc that the various Math.* methods can be
optimized in this way.  It shouldn't be too hard to do; we've just
never had the time.