Re: 'Needed to allocate blacklisted block at 0x829d000' ?????

Barnet Wagman wrote:

> If the former, is there a way of setting that max, other than
> running compiled classes with gij?  (I assume that using gij slows things down
> - is that correct?)

Running compiled code from gij shouldn't make it any slower - you can put your
classes in a shared library and then use gij to run them. See libjava/NEWS for
details about that.

> If there is a fixed max (or initial value), how do I reset it?

There is no fixed maximum heap other than hard limits imposed by the collector or
the system. Increasing the minimum heap size can improve performance in some cases
by reducing the number of collections when your app produces a lot of garbage.
Imposing a max heap size is more of a security measure to guard against runaway
apps bringing your system to a crawl.

regards

  [ bryce ]