Re: Weird problems compiling bytecode

Edgar Villanueva writes:

> I have been successful compiling the .java files but not the .class
> files.

> antlr/CppCodeGenerator.java: In class `antlr.CppCodeGenerator':
> antlr/CppCodeGenerator.java: In method
> `antlr.CppCodeGenerator(antlr.AlternativeBlock,boolean)':
> antlr/CppCodeGenerator.java:1585: Tree check: expected integer_cst, have
> instance_initializers_expr
> antlr/CppCodeGenerator.java:1585: Internal compiler error in
> verify_jvm_instructions, at java/verify.c:966
> Please submit a full bug report.

It seems to be a gcc GC (ggc) issue. get_constant creates nodes and
stores them with a cast into the jcf->cpool.data[] array. I guess
constants are long lived enough that they can be registered as roots
to be kept around. So the solution would be to register as root all
tree nodes that get assigned to jcf->cpool[] (it's all happening in
jcf-parse.c)

I'll do that later. Thanks for the report.

./A