Re: Array classes and class loaders

Bryce> Okay, I RTFM'ed and I think I understand this now. Problem is
Bryce> the "initiating class loader" is always going to be null until
Bryce> the compiler is modified to pass the calling class to things
Bryce> like _Jv_NewArray. Oh well.

I think the current plan is to instead somehow modify the runtime to
be able to find the caller's class, perhaps by the same kind of
mechanism we use to generate the stack trace.  Maybe we'd have to add
code to the compiler for platforms where we can't do the backtracing
trick any other way.  (Also there's the issue of finding the class for
interpreter frames.)