Re: Precise GC (was Re: cannot build libjava/gnu/gcj/xlib/natClip.cc)

Jeff> I understand your point.  I'm not arguing that Thread.stop is
Jeff> safe.  There certainly exist applications in which I wouldn't
Jeff> dare invoke stop() on a random thread.  In our case I accept the
Jeff> risk because

Using Thread.stop is usually a bad idea.  But sometimes it might make
sense.  Some application writers have a lot of knowledge about what
their application is doing, particularly on embedded systems.

If we can implement it without jumping through hoops, then it is fine
with me.  If implementing it negatively distorts our thread
implementation, then maybe we shouldn't implement it.

Obviously, we would still mark it as deprecated if we do implement it.