Re: libjava grievances

>>>>> "Mikhail" == Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com> writes:

Mikhail> 	mi@rtfm:libgcj/work/libgcj-2.95.1 (1026) ./configure
Mikhail> 	Configuring for a i386-unknown-freebsdelf3.3 host.
Mikhail> 	*** Cannot currently configure in source tree.

Ok.  You need to make a new directory and run configure from there.  I
use a parallel directory (at some level as libgcj --
../libgcj/configure), but other people like other things.

This is documented on the web page, and we added this error message to
configure in the mistaken belief that it would make sense to anybody
who saw it.

Can you suggest text which would be more clear?

Some of your other problems stem from this.

Mikhail> The toplevel README just says do:
Mikhail> 	./configure
Mikhail> 	make

Sorry about that.  We'll definitely fix this.

Mikhail> Well, any ideas? Thanks!

Did you build the C++ compiler when you built egcs?  I've seen similar
problems when I used the wrong C++ compiler to build the c++ parts of
libgcj.  You must use the g++ that came with the gcj you are using.