This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: [PATCH] Properly install libgcc_bc dummy library
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, GCJ-patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:05:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Properly install libgcc_bc dummy library
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mvmhaai86bw dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <CAFiYyc1H_E4805T5LseociQPdRoinr3Wnt_sAXaNRAnGGBgUcQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 12/09/2013 02:31 PM, Richard Biener wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> The rules to install the dummy libgcc_bc library have never worked as
>> intented, probably due to the fact that the fedora gcc package installs
>> it by hand, ignoring all damage that has been done. The target that
>> creates libgcj_bc.la for the testsuite is mucking around with internal
>> details that will confuse libtool when it tries to install it, the
>> effect of which can't be undone by install-exec-hook. We need to create
>> a clean second copy that is actually installed.
> Ok if nobody objects in the next 24h.