This is the mail archive of the java-patches@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the Java project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RFC: InetAddress merge (Needs testers! Especially Win32!)


Hi all,

Last week I merged all the good bits of GCJ's InetAddress into
Classpath's, removing some dead code and inconsistent stuff in
the process.  This patch removes GCJ's InetAddress and updates
the bundled Classpath one to the latest version.  This merge is
necessary to get SocketPermission working.

This passes make check and the latest Mauve InetAddress tests
on my Fedora Core 5 box, but while the native code is simply a
rearrangement of the old code there's a lot of conditional stuff
in there so I'd appreciate if people using older systems would
check that it doesn't break anything.  And the Win32 part is
completely untested, so again I'd appreciate if someone could
test it for me.

Cheers,
Gary

Attachment: inetaddress-merge.patch
Description: Text document


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]