This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
question about old patch
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: 10 Mar 2004 16:39:23 -0700
- Subject: question about old patch
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
Jakub, I have a question about this patch:
2004-01-20 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
* Makefile.am (lib_org_w3c_dom_la_LIBADD,
(lib_org_xml_sax_la_LIBADD, lib_org_xml_sax_la_LDFLAGS): New.
* Makefile.in: Rebuilt.
Original post is here:
Yesterday I looked into a bug report where gij crashed in certain
circumstances. It turns out if gij tries to load lib-org-xml-sax.so,
since this is linked against libgcj.so, we get duplicate registration
of classes, causing a failure.
We can fix this by changing these libraries so that they don't depend
on libgcj.so. But before doing that I'd like to understand why you
changed these libraries to link against libgcj.so.
Is it just for developer convenience? If so I think we can safely
remove this, since libgcj.spec ensures that libgcj.so is linked in.