This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch: fix GtkTextFieldPeer's preferred and minimum size calculations
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libgcj patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 19 Jan 2004 13:13:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: fix GtkTextFieldPeer's preferred and minimum size calculations
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Tom" == Thomas Fitzsimmons <email@example.com> writes:
Tom> This patch fixes GtkTextFieldPeer's preferred size and minimum size
Tom> calculations. Previously, the preferred and minimum size methods always
Tom> returned the actual size of the backing GtkEntry widget, causing
Tom> TextField components to be laid out incorrectly.
Tom> OK to commit?
Tom> + /* FIXME: use gtk_entry_set_invisible_char (GtkEntry *entry,
Tom> + gunichar ch) here. That means we must convert from jchar
Tom> + (utf16) to gunichar (ucs4). */
Given that we don't support surrogate characters (though there's a
proposal or clarification on this... someday we should look at it :-)
I think this is as easy as just widening each character.