This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: [PATCH] for Review: BufferedReader and InputStreamReader Optimizations
- From: Mohan Embar <gnustuff at thisiscool dot com>
- To: GCJ Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at mckinlay dot net dot nz>, tromey at redhat dot com, per at bothner dot net, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:34:36 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] for Review: BufferedReader and InputStreamReader Optimizations
- Reply-to: gnustuff at thisiscool dot com
I didn't realize that the 3.5 branching had happened.
Now that it has, does anyone have any objections to this?:
Like I said, it boosts performance by >50%.
Bryce had an alternative implementation, but it wasn't finished:
...and has possible issues:
I figure that something is better than nothing and this can always
go through a subsequent iteration now that the branching has