This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch: improve frame insets calculation
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim at redhat dot com>
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 13 Jan 2004 13:04:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: improve frame insets calculation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Tom" == Thomas Fitzsimmons <email@example.com> writes:
Tom> The patch should work with older window managers that don't yet support
Tom> the frame extents hints (e.g. metacity 2.4.34) -- the fallback case
Tom> hard-codes the border dimensions, so it suffers from the problems
Tom> mentioned in 2).
Tom> OK to commit?
Yes, thanks. Excellent work on this btw. They said it couldn't be
solved -- nobody expected anyone to persevere through patching the
window manager standard and then the window manager.