This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch: java.io.FileDescriptor
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Koch <konqueror at gmx dot de>
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 09 Jan 2004 13:37:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: java.io.FileDescriptor
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Koch <email@example.com> writes:
Michael> I wrote a little patch to add the possibility to lock file
Michael> regions with FileDescriptor. Currently only POSIX version is
Michael> implemented (hopefully it compiles everywhere).
Michael> Please review and comment. Okay to commit ?
I'd prefer we not commit this at the moment. I'm reluctant because we
don't know about the portability of this code. It would be better to
put this in after 3.4 branches. We'll probably need some configure
support as well.
The general idea and interface is fine by me.