This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: [PATCH] ServerSocket.bind
- From: Michael Koch <konqueror at gmx dot de>
- To: Guilhem Lavaux <guilhem at kaffe dot org>
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, classpath at gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 18:18:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ServerSocket.bind
- References: <3FE9B372.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 04:40:34PM +0100, Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> It seems that nobody checks for null internet address in ServerSocket.bind.
> Here is a quick fix which should prevent calling a native method with a
> null address argument.
> 2003-12-24 Guilhem Lavaux <email@example.com>
> * java/net/ServerSocket.java (bind): Check whether the address is null.
> P.S.: I hope it can be applied to gcj (I've checked that the same code
> is present there), the patch has been built upon kaffe's CVS.
Two things: the patch is missing and the code uses a "instanceof"
operator which implicitly checks for "null".