This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Checkbox states
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Kim Ho <kho at redhat dot com>
- Cc: java-patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 01 Dec 2003 12:50:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: Checkbox states
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Kim" == Kim Ho <email@example.com> writes:
Kim> This patch implements a getState function for Checkboxes.
A short digression about the peers...
The peers aren't documented, so we are free to change them as we
like. And we've already done this in the past.
However, it's best if we don't extend the interfaces too much. One
problem with doing so is that we have to update all the peers, not
just the Gtk ones. And as kaffe integrates more with classpath, this
means the cost goes up.
About this particular patch, I know that the Sun CheckboxPeer doesn't
have a getState method. Is there another way we could implement this?
If not, that's fine, let's go for it.